Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lovecraft Grave Pictures from Gary Gunnels

Gary Gunnels shared these pictures with me yesterday, and said I could repost here. The first is the grave of Lovecraft himself. The next three appear to be of a family marker (you can see Lovecraft's grave - and I'm assuming his mother and father - right behind it).

The bottom line of Lovecraft's grave says "I Am Providence". Several online sources simply say that that line comes from one of his letters, but I could have sworn he got it from antiquity - I want to say Cicero for some reason. Does anyone know/remember? I can't put my finger on where I heard that.




1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it is basically a family plot. I have been told (I think by the staff at the graveyard - but I can't be quite sure if it was them or if I read it online) that people try to perform ceremonies there from time to time, presumably trying to raise the "Old Ones."

    ReplyDelete

All anonymous comments will be deleted. Consistent pseudonyms are fine.